click this link to join the bible study:
Next session Saturday 5th September at 4pm (AEST)
Gaylea Fritsch is so excited to host a 12 week online bible study called ‘Unravelled’. During these sessions we will have the opportunity to dive deep into our bibles, study art pieces for each story, complete a craft project (optional!!) and pray together.
When: Every Saturday for 12 weeks – starting 22nd August
TIme: 4:00 – 5:00pm
How do I join: At the time and date – click on this link: https://stjohnsgeelong.online.church/ It is that easy!
What do I need: My bible, A note book or journal + pens + colours (pencils, crayons)
Here are the materials and instructions you will need for the weaving project:
What Happens in an online bible study? You will watch the presentation using the above link and can participate (if you want) through the chat function – which is facilitated by Gaylea. You will also have the opportunity to open your bible and to write journal responses throughout the session.
What is the Bible Study about?
Unravelled: What happens when our world falls apart? How do we press onward when our tightly-knit plans unravel into loose threads?
In our unravelling, sometimes life surprises us with unexpected joy, love, and hope— with a new beginning we couldn’t have imagined. This bible study series explores 12 stories of unravelled shame, identity, fear, grief, dreams, and expectations. These are stories where God meets us: unravelling our plans—and us—into something new.
Thank you to sanctifiedart.org for these materials.
- MATTHEW 14: 22-33 || Peter Sinks in the Water (Unraveled by Uncertainty)
2. GENESIS 18: 1-15; 21:1-7 || Sarah Laughs (Unexpected Joy and Surprise)
3. 2 SAMUEL 3:7; 21:1-14 || Rizpah Mourns Her Sons (Public Grief That Inspires Action)
4. LUKE 19: 1-10 || Zacchaeus the Wealthy Tax Collector (Radical Unraveling of Vocation)
5. EXODUS 7: 8-23 || Pharaoh Hardens His Heart to Moses’ Requests (When Humans Unravel God’s Plans for Justice)
6. ACTS 9: 1-20 || The Conversion of Saul to Paul (Discovering a New Path)
7. JEREMIAH 29:1-7 || Encouraging the Israelites in Exile to Plant Gardens & Build Houses (When Dreams Unravel)
8. JOHN 4:1-29 || The Samaritan Woman at the Well (Unraveled Shame)
9. JOHN 20:19-29 || Doubting Thomas (When the Unimaginable Has Happened)
10. EXODUS 1:22, 2:1-10 || Moses’ Mother Gives Moses Up So He Can Live (When Our Plans for Our Children Unravel)
11. JOB 28:12-28 || Job’s Lament and Loss (Seeking Understanding When Everything Has Fallen Apart)
12. MARK 5:1-20 || Jesus Heals Legion, a Man Possessed by Demons (The Unraveling of the Mind)